Converting your loft is the perfect way to add new rooms to your home, maximising the space already available to you and at the same time increasing the value of your property. Mitre Peak Lofts specialises in loft conversions and we are experts at making best use of the space in your home.
We are more than happy to visit you to discuss your options, whether you have a fixed idea about what you want, or none at all. We can tell you what works and what doesn’t.
We deal with everything – from initial design and consultation, drawing up plans, plumbing and electrics, right through to painting and decorating. We want to make the construction process as stress-free as possible so that you can enjoy, and be excited about, the build.
We also work in such a way that you are able to live at home and we aim to have as little impact as possible on your day to day life.
We know that choosing a loft conversion company can be difficult and we want you to be confident that the decision you make is the right one. We are happy to show you some of our completed work and you can chat to our previous customers to get first hand feedback before making your final decision.
The Construction Process
A typical loft conversion takes between 5-8 weeks to complete. We construct your loft in four phases:
1ST PHASE – DEMOLITION (The Messy Part!)
- Demolition of existing rear roof section.
- Setting out and installation of steelwork.
2ND PHASE – MAIN CONSTRUCTION PHASE
- Timber construction of loft, including roof structure and floor joists.
- All electrical and plumbing services installed.
- First layer of felt is laid on the new roof – your property is now watertight.
- Insulation of walls and ceilings.
3RD PHASE – INSTALLATION OF STAIRCASE
- Installation of staircase – up to this point we are completely isolated from the rest of your house. All the really dusty work is completed before we install the stairs.
- Completion of plasterboarding.
- Once the staircase is in situ, plastering begins and you see some real progress. Not long to go now!
4TH PHASE – SECOND FIX
- All second fix work completed including fitting doors, skirting and architraves.
- All bathroom fittings installed including shower screen, toilet and basin.
- Finally, we run through a snagging list with you and fix any minor issues. Once you are completely satisfied, we leave you to enjoy your beautiful new loft space.